Effective date: May 1, 2020
- Our Politics Today website
- Our email newsletters
- Our pages or ads on social media networks like our Facebook and Instagram pages
We use your data to provide and improve our Service. By using our Service, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy. Politics Today is committed to ensuring that any personal data supplied by our readers and supporters, or is generated by our activities is collected and processed fairly and lawfully.
2 – What types of data do we collect?
We collect different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
- Personal data: while using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, email and address.
- Statistical data: these are anonymous data about how our website or social media presence is used
- Usage Data: we may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you access our Services through any device. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
3 – How do we obtain this data?
We collect data in four ways:
- Directly from you when you fill an online/offline form (Personal Data)
- By analyzing the network utilized by our website (Statistical Data)
- By analyzing the number and frequency of our social media interactions (Statistical Data)
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Other tracking technologies are also used such as beacons, tags and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Essential Cookies: These are needed for the proper functioning of our website. These do not collect any personal data and cannot be opted out of.
- Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and settings.
- Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Analytics Cookies: These help us analyze how visitors utilize our website, how often they visit the website, and the pages of our website that are popular.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies allow you to easily share our content on your social media. These are created when you choose to share content from our website through the social media icons on our page, or when the commenting function is loaded on a page. Please note that Politics Today does not have access to your log in details of the social networks you use to share/comment on our content.
4 – How Do We Use Your Data
Politics Today uses the collected data for the following purposes:
4.1 Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, send you regular email updates, to notify you about any changes, and respond to your enquiry. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link.
4.2 Statistical Data
We use Statistical data to help us improve our website and digital communications (newsletter, social media, etc.), and to help us predict future trends.
5 – Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
6 – How do we protect your data?
7 – Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
8 – Children’s Privacy
Our Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from Children under 18. If you become aware that a Child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
10 – Contact Us